Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

On 8/10/10 11:21 AM, Vincent Rivière wrote:
Mark Duckworth wrote:
I enjoy the concept of "fat" binaries.

I probably hate it as much.

Personally, as a user, I want the optimal binaries for my computer, and nothing more or less.

Well, that's only my opinion.

But that means what is executed IS optimal. Take for instance coldfire. A user can run a program on his system that will use 680x0 emulation if it is not a coldfire binary. A fat binary will work properly and efficiently on either system and only cost some disk space.

Thanks,
Mark