Re: [MiNT] automake & configure (m4-1.4.1)

> I thought I'd try and get m4-1.4.1 to compile from source [because there's
> already one in sparemint, and I'd guess m4 is a fairly basic gnu utility]
m4 isn't exactly the best idea. I might be wrong but I think it wasn't
totally easy to compile, t required some more steps. Better take
something like simpler ('less' comes to my mind).

> configure:2796: checking for library containing strerror
> configure:2826: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc_g
Our old and well known problem which should have been removed ...
(when, Vincent?) You must disable usage of '-g' switch or (uglier but
faster) make a symlink libc_g.a -> libc.a in /usr/lib.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org