Re: [MiNT] automake & configure (m4-1.4.1)

oh, it wants to try to do debugging by default.. that's what the -g is.
thanks.

From: mw333@hotmail.com
To: mint@lists.fishpool.fi
Subject: [MiNT] automake & configure (m4-1.4.1)
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 20:12:22 +0100

Hi,
I'm trying to do a few simple things to check my system is set up & build some confidence..
I thought I'd try and get m4-1.4.1 to compile from source [because there's already one in sparemint, and I'd guess m4 is a fairly basic gnu utility]
Anyway, I try ./configure and it generates a config.h file, and then when I make, I get lots of redefined symbols,
I could manually mess with config.h so it gets closer to compiling. But I'd rather figure out the reasons for configure not doing its job correctly.

Here are some lines from configure that don't seem right:
checking for library containing strerror... no
checking for tmpfile... no

and config.log suggests its looking for c_g?
Any obvious things I should check? Any obvious libraries I don't have?

thanks,
Matt.

configure:2796: checking for library containing strerror
configure:2826: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc_g
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:2832: $? = 1
configure: failed program was: