Re: [MiNT] keyboard.tbl / wiki addition / sparemint.org down?

On 9 August 2010 14:37, Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 14:29 +0200, Miro Kropacek wrote:
>> > Speaking of missing files,  what happened to the "img" and "xobj"
>> > subdirectories of xaaes? I can't find them in today's trunk.
>> Exactly. And we wanted to make a release without RC :)
>
> And the daily builds have been running how long ?
>
> Just goes to show how little people use them.

This is my perspective on the matter: I haven't been running the daily
builds because the last time I tried I couldn't even get my Falcon to
boot and I need it in a usable state and I don't have much time to
spend on debugging the system. Now that a release is in the works, I
gathered that things had settled in CVS and it was time for me to give
them a try. And my Falcon boots just fine.

That, for me, is the difference between daily builds and RCs. The
former can be quite unusable for different and very valid reasons
while the latter are supposed to be at least stable. To me, there is
something "official" about the RC state that says: "you can go for it,
it should be fine".

Cheers,
JFL
--