Re: [MiNT] Fugly gradient (Was: Re: hairlines)

7 nov 2011 kl. 12:40 skrev "Jo Even Skarstein" <joska@online.no>:

> On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:16:38 +0100, Lars Schmidbauer <latzmaster@gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>> Btw I plan to release a final version of Taskbar next year. After that I
>>> will work on someting similar, but completely different. There are so
>>> many better ways to manage running applications (not to mention to start
>>> them!) now, and I want to make something fancy for MiNT/XaAES. So if
>>> anybody has any requests or good suggestions, drop me a mail and I'll
>>> archive it for this upcoming project.
>>
>> I'm curious, can you tell us more about it?
>> It's hard to send suggestions without knowing anything ;-)
>
> Basically I want to find a better way to start programs/files and to manage running programs. So *any* suggestion is welcome.

Simplified desktop replacement in the form of:
- dock, similar to the one in OSX/Win7
- AV server
- external (as in separate process) file browser/explorer
- plugin interace for components in dock (clock, calendar, new mail notification)
- desktop background as separate process (desktop icons, or something completely different)

As modular as possible, clearly defined interfaces, allowing anyone to write replacements for individual components.

Or a kick-ass scrolling shmup with a zillion powerups and epelepsie-inducing visual fx + rudimentary process management + zombies.

-- PeP