Re: [MiNT] Fugly gradient (Was: Re: hairlines)

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 13:10:32 +0100, Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com> wrote:

Basically I want to find a better way to start programs/files and to manage running programs. So *any* suggestion is welcome.

Simplified desktop replacement in the form of:
- dock, similar to the one in OSX/Win7
- AV server
- external (as in separate process) file browser/explorer
- plugin interace for components in dock (clock, calendar, new mail notification) - desktop background as separate process (desktop icons, or something completely different)

As modular as possible, clearly defined interfaces, allowing anyone to write replacements for individual components.

You are describing my own ideas pretty accurately. I think the traditional, monolithic desktop is a thing of the past.

Or a kick-ass scrolling shmup with a zillion powerups and epelepsie-inducing visual fx + rudimentary process management + zombies.

I'm already using Windows 7 so I have all of this.

Jo Even