Re: [MiNT] SV: Bug: xa_boot.log has unix line-endings

2012/11/23 Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>
> [...]

But not necessarily available. And it doesn't make sense to render the built-in fileviewer in TOS useless for purely philosophical reasons.

I do not see a reason for it to be not available, other then harddisk crash, in case of logs are not that important at all.

> IMO, CRLF is evil ;)

That's quite another issue that doesn't have to be debated here ;) I don't see the problem in using CRLF in the kernel and AES logs. After all, both MiNT itself and XaAES reads CRLF config files already, so why insist on "unix-mode" here? As I said, it doesn't matter what kind of file format people prefer their user programs to use. But the kernel and the AES must provide logs and docs that can be read by TOS.

I have a feeling that this is more about what's cool (if unix does it then it must be cool) than what's practical.

Jo Even

Well, not. not really. TOS can read those files perfectly well, it is just the default braindead veiwer that can't display them well ;)

You could try to set UNIXMODE to have CRLF by default, but I'm unsure if it affects mint/aes logs too. If it does not - this may be a way to go and a perfect solution to go.

CRLF in docs is a no-no. User must have a warning about what lies ahead ;)

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski
adamklobukowski@gmail.com