Re: [MiNT] XaAES:first menu,was:Release TODO list

On 20/01/2013 22:40, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
2) XaAES monitors the new toswin2 process. When toswin2 installs a new
menu bar, this new one is created as expected, but not topped. So the
desktop menu bar stays displayed.

I think I understood what you mean, but I say it won't work in a general
way. Maybe in the special case of only toswin and teradesk it *could* work
when toswin does not open a window after any other window by any other app
has been opened, etc.

As a naive user, when I see TosWin2, it really looks like a desk accessory. XaAES displays it in the first menu, newcomers may not notice the difference.

At startup, accessories register their menu and do not open any window. Nothing is topped when an accessory loads. This is why I'm confused when I see the TosWin2 menu bar at startup, instead of the desktop one (and more confused by the random behavior).

Anyway, that's not a big issue.

--
Vincent Rivière