Re: [MiNT] XaAES:first menu,was:Release TODO list

Vincent Rivière, 20.01.2013 22:11:40:

On 20/01/2013 21:47, Helmut Karlowski wrote:
For example, "app_options = toswin2, run_untopped" would be perfect.
When that flag is set, when the application is run with "run =", the first time that the application menu is created, it is leaved untopped. This is
exactly what we expect.

It is not! At least not what I want.
The app can open a window or change/install a menubar at any time and will
be topped, no matter what you set. Or do you want the toswin-menubar to
never appear?

I'm lacking some knowledge about the AES, but...
Here is more detailed explanations about my idea.

1) Use "app_options = toswin2, run_untopped".
The 2 words of the keyword are important:
- run, because it applies only to programs run with the "run" command in xaaes.cnf
- untopped, because it is what is expected

2) run u:\c\toswin2\toswin2.app

2) XaAES monitors the new toswin2 process. When toswin2 installs a new menu bar, this new one is created as expected, but not topped. So the desktop menu bar stays displayed.

I think I understood what you mean, but I say it won't work in a general way. Maybe in the special case of only toswin and teradesk it *could* work when toswin does not open a window after any other window by any other app has been opened, etc.

2) Then XaAES stops monitoring toswin2, which behaves as usual. The

You want to monitor an app for such a minor profit with little chance of a final solution? That's far too much change to the current XaAES-behaviour. And honestly I don't really understand what's wrong with my solution which is a first shot anyway.

But you are free to post a patch :)

--
Helmut Karlowski