Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT 1.18.0 and monitor detection

On 07/04/2013 13:32, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
Yes, it's possible that a bug or regression in MiNT (Pierre has tested
with GEM=ROM and the FireTOS desktop,

Beware of stack overflows, they can produce very strange bugs.

Now, XaAES calls appl_init() to determine if the physical VDI workstation must be opened on startup. In EmuTOS, internally that calls scrp_write() then Fsfirst(). When FreeMiNT is installed, Fsfirst() uses about 1.5 kB on the supervisor stack, that's quite much.

In EmuTOS, I had to increase the internal AES stack to allow running xaloader.prg from the desktop with GEM=ROM. Otherwise FreeMiNT's Fsfirst() caused a stack overflow on the small internal AES stack.

I wonder what happens with the Atari AES (also used in FireTOS).

--
Vincent Rivière