Re: [MiNT] Running a barebones FreeMiNT kernel with Hatari in 000 mode

On 10/12/13 17:46, Matthias Arndt wrote:
Am Samstag, den 12.10.2013, 18:36 +0200 schrieb Matthias Arndt:

Anyway tested with TOS 1.62de here, I can check if TOS2.06 makes a
difference.
No keyboard with TOS 2.06 but there I get a U: drive by mouse click on
the desktop, see screenshot. IMHO the keyboard issue should be fixed in
official builds for 000 kernels as GEM=ROM mainly has its use cases on
such a setup such as the one envisoned by me a few posts above.

I agree. GEM=ROM shouldn't break the keyboard.

The NO_AKP_KEYBOARD  option has been mentioned, is this a runtime option
or do i have to recompile the kernel with this setting somewhere
enabled?

It's a compile option in sys/KERNELDEFS. Add it to the 68000 target.

On the unnecessary .xdd i am unsure. Why are drivers provided if they
are not necessary to be used? The mfp.txt says it is a complete
replacement for hsmodem etc so IMHO worth using when the user is already
running FreeMiNT (saves AUTO clutter)

They are used on certain Atari machines, TT, Falcon etc. Not all Atari's
support the same XDD's. But realistically, the XDD should load, check
if the hardware is available, and if not, exit without any memory used.
In practice it doesn't always work like that, but should, and it should be
fixed if it doesn't. Then there shouldn't be issues like this, apart from
adding to load time at bootup.

Alan.