Re: [MiNT] Native GCC built

On 24/11/2013 04:01, Miro Kropáček wrote:
OK, I found some time to package them. In the same location you can find now
"prepackaged" libc+libm pairs for each platform, just cd / && tar xjf
<archive>.tar.bz2 (having /usr already setup, of course).

Excellent, now I can build and run an Hello World on the FireBee/EmuTOS/FreeMiNT with default options, without any trouble :-D

- packaging tar and/or bzip in .tar.bz2 format isn't exactly helping as I
needed them for extracting this very formats ;)

Concretely, I always prepare the filesystem with Cygwin. I unpack all the archives to an empty folder. Then I run ARAnyM and FreeMiNT on it, so I always have a clean install. That's enough for my needs.

For the FireBee, initially I also prepared the filesystem externally. Now for updates, I just use the native tools to unpack the new archives and overwrite the old files. Of course that's a bad solution since old files may stay on the filesystem, but that's good enough for my current tests.

Anyway, my goal is not to provide a user-friendly distribution. I just compile the packages to be sure everything is OK with the cross-compiler, and I provide the build scripts to give the coonfigure/make details which can be tricky, and different for each package. Other people could just repack the binaries to RPM for example, for easy uninstallation.

As a conclusion : the current form of the binaries fits perfectly my needs. Do what you want with that (provided that the licenses are respected).

- your m68020-60 and 5475 builds shouldn't use /usr/lib/m68020-60 and
/usr/lib/m5475, respectively. That is, should you decide to follow the "new"
multilib convention.

When do I do that? I guess that ncurses is the only one, I should fix it. Anyway, my initial goal was to provide the binaries (clear, reset, etc.) and not the libs (as I wasn't interested by native development). I the other packages, there are a few lib dirs, but I didn't care of them. It means that multilibs are not provided, and the default one is for the target specfic CPU. Even if they are not complete, those ones are compatible with your new convention.

--
Vincent Rivière