Re: FreeMiNT 1.14.7 locks up

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 12:39:19PM -0600, Brent Thirsk wrote:
>Michael Hill wrote:
>> >u:\var\adm\wtmp, and g:\var\adm\wtmp all refer to the same file, so I
>> >don't think it should be complaining that the wtmp file doesn't exist.
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
>use "\" in mint.cnf  and "/" everywhere else

The only pathnames in mint.cnf are in the 'sln' statements (all of which
are of the form 'sln g:\usr u:\usr'; 'sln g:\var u:\var', etc., and in
the INIT, where I am also using backslashes (I think it's set to
INIT=x:\usr\sbin\init , where I don't recall the drive letter for x:).

>if you have the above links in your mint.cnf, comment them out.
>You should already have a link like sln g:\var u:\var. That's all
>you should need. I tried a multiple directory link on u: and the system
>didn't like it. Destroyed all pipes. I'm not sure if that's what's
>supposed to happen but it did.

The only 'sln' that isn't a one-to-one correspondence from g: to u:
is 'sln g:\usr\bin u:\bin'.  (All of the above is from memory, because
of course my Falcon is at home.)

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
			--Michael

Michael Hill   <><  Isaiah 9:6 | "What is this that gives me hope in the middle
Michael_Hill@csgsystems.com    |  of the night/ And makes me turn to You/
Aerospace/Software Engineer    |  What is this that lights my way through the
CSG Systems, Inc.              |  hours of the day/ Tell me what to do"
http://www.qadas.com/~msh      |                    --King's X, "What is This?"
---In a marketplace (like the one of ideas), not everything has equal value!---
Did you ever notice that everybody in favor of abortion has already been born?!