Re: FreeMiNT 1.14.7 locks up

> >The MiNTOS has the same function as init in other unices, so it is often
> >referenced as "init". Moreover, it is named so (see ps, process number
> >001).
>
> Okay, I'm with you.  So MiNTOS aka init doesn't read the mint.cnf for
> its configuration, right?

It does not. But it *does* depend on the paths (mainly symlinks) you
make in the MINT.CNF.

> >The order is as follows (according to the actual MiNT source code):
> >
> >MINT.PRG
> >device drivers (C:\MULTITOS\*.XDD)
> >filesystems (C:\MULTITOS\*.XFS)
> >MINT.CNF
> >programs appearing in the AUTO after MINT.PRG
> >init process
>
> Okay, so by the time MiNTOS/init starts, the symbolic links in u: have
> been created by MINT.PRG, right?  In that case, I still can't
> understand why MiNTOS can't see /var/adm/wtmp .

The problem is that the symlink may not exist. There may be a typo or you
used TAB as a separator. The whole MINT.CNF file should have blank spaces,
not TABs.

As somebody already has adviced you, you may try to change the current
directory to the one where init.prg resides. You do it by inserting

cd u:\drive\path\

at the end of your MINT.CNF.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.