Re: [MiNT] Help! BIO-DMA ethernet-card

On Sat, Apr 15, 2000 at 01:10:50AM +0200, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:26:02 +0200, Guido Flohr wrote:
>
> [windows-tips]
>
> OK, I did what you said and something definitely happened. Now the TT will
> freeze whenever I run route after ifconfig. Unless I do it in rc.net, then
> N.AES will crash with a bus-error when it starts up, and the TT freezes.
> Pinging the TT also causes a freeze.

If the PC makes your TT freeze, that indicates that things on the Windows
side now work alright. ;-)

No, seriously, I cannot help you a lot.  One Windows tip: launch the
program "winipcfg" (in \\Windows, should be in your PATH).  That gives
some information that may help.  Windows also has a "route.exe" (I don't
know how it works though).  And if you are really a Windows newbie: The
file /etc/hosts is C:\\Windows\\lmhosts on Win9x (you will find a file
lmhosts.sam as a sample for the slightly differing syntax in the same
directory).

Ciao

Guido
--