Re: [MiNT] mint web/apache idea

On Sun, 7 May 2000 14:19:34 +0000, kellis wrote:

> install like a daemon locally (maybe there is already such a program out
> ther), that would act as a gateway/proxy, and its job would only to
> convert complicated pages into CAB readable and lynx at the same time up
> to some extent.
> This is NOT the perfect solution, as java/script are very often
> interactive, but many times all we need is URL to keep going on browsing.
>
> Anyone knows of such a thing?
> Is it a good idea?
> Is it worth it?

It would be a good idea if you didn't have to run it locally. A local
"proxy" would indeed make things easier for CAB, but running it on a
server somewhere would have several benefits:

1. You could reduce the amount of data to download by removing
   unecessary data (Embedded scripts etc.).
2. More people would benefit from it, not just die-hard MiNT-users.
   Hell, I would probably even use it on my PC just to speed up
   downloads and avoid porn-traps (try searching for warez and you
   see what I mean ;-).

If you want this locally I guess you don't need a server, you can just
embed it in CAB.OVL.

/*
**
*/