[MiNT] mint web/apache idea

Hi People, this might not be the right place, but I feel that the only
intelligent people I can talk to are on this list, so please forgive me.

This is what I gathered from reading things here and there, and tell me if
it's any possible, realizable.

CAB has problems with CCS, cookies, java/javascript etc.
Since there is no other uptodate browsers (while waiting for highwire, and
better versions of draconis, wensuite), wouldn't it be a good idea to
install like a daemon locally (maybe there is already such a program out
ther), that would act as a gateway/proxy, and its job would only to
convert complicated pages into CAB readable and lynx at the same time up
to some extent.
This is NOT the perfect solution, as java/script are very often
interactive, but many times all we need is URL to keep going on browsing.

Anyone knows of such a thing?
Is it a good idea?
Is it worth it?

Thanks.