Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT documentation

Hm, my mailbox went down for some time and I had'n get all the respones, but
I was able to find them in list archive

Draco: I didn't wanted to write new docs from scratch (I know this is a
veery booring job), my idea is to use existing docs and form the new,
slightly modified and restruturized docs from it.

Arnaud: thanks for pointing out the gemlib docs. But, as Xaaes is now a part
of the kernel, I think we should have everything in one place. We could dump
all non-xaaes stuff, and point to gemlib docs for more information.

Norman: gosh output you gave seems very nice, unfortunrtly
http://os.inf.tu-dresden.de/~nf2/tudos/html/goshtest.html gave me 404. You
should release it under GPL even if we will not choose it for FreeMiNT.

The documentation format is something I wanted to write about in my previous
post, but forgot to. Source format should be as easy to use as possible with
easy-to-use tools to generate destination format.

As for destination format, it should be wordly and easy readable. So, lets
point few possibilities:

1) info - mostly used in unix world. Not easy readable anywhere else. I do
not think it is a good option.
2) man - the same problems as info (remember - not every FreeMiNT user, or
even software developer that uses FreeMiNT wants a full blown unix setup)
3) pdf - we do not have good enough viewer on our platform :(
4) hyp - this could be good and nice, but there are no viewers for it
outside our world (or am I wrong?)
5) html - that is a best option in my opinion.Widely used, wery well
dosumented, lots of tools avialible, we have good browser (Highwire), and
most of all - every platform has a browser, so it would be easy readable
everywhere.

--
Semper Fidelis

Adam Klobukowski