Re: [MiNT] mono

Standa Opichal wrote:

> I know it is probably not the thing what most people here would want to
> hear but IMO
> it would be less time consuming to port FreeMiNT/TOS APIs, VDI and AES
> on top of the
> current NetBSD/FreeBSD codebase then trying to implement the necessary
> functionality
> into the FreeMiNT kernel itself. We could nicely call it e.g.
> Mint(Free|Net)BSD! :)

Sounds like the perfect way of getting rid of me ;-) I would stop
working on Ataris if something like this happened. I'm already using
Linux, I don't need to run the same software on my Ataris. It would also
exclude everyone using legacy hardware, as no real Atari is powerful
enough to run NetBSD at a decent speed.

We got to think about where we're headed. Is the ultimate goal of
FreeMiNT that it should mimic unix as closely as possible? I'm not very
interested in unix stuff, I just want to create and use GEM-applications
in a stable, multitasking environment. I'd rather see time and effort
spent on the GEM-part than being able to run the same programs as I use
on my Linux-box (but slower).

Jo Even