Re: [MiNT] 'cd' does not like u:

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Am 11.03.2010, 22:13 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

There is some code for this conversion in mintlib, but I'm not familiar
with it.

There is, which is why 'cd c:' works ;-) Fixing cd/MiNTlib so 'cd u:'
works too is IMO the correct way to deal with this situation.

In bash cd c: works, but then I would want it to go to the directory it came from on c: (like DOS).

For the cd u: maybe it's just to change some few bytes in mintlib.

Or change $SYSDIR to c:/mint...

BECAUSE tos is perverse, the root of any hd is x: mint used to seem to assert ls / as x:.prg

there is no unix root in tos. and on my system I had G:\mint it early on would resolve / as U:\ but that is an intrinsic problem. Mint is over TOS and Mint is not tos so unix root dir does not exist on the hardware. My unix system writes the system in memory, and / is in memory and points to the HD. the system of pointers resolves to a hierachical file sysem with logical and physical HD devices.

when Mint is in control it should point to some disk c: for instance as / but d:,e:,f: etc must be linked to / by the os, not the hardware. the names of the drives must be OS controled. the resolution to a physical device is not germain.

josephus

--
I go sailing in the summer
  and look at stars in the winter