Re: [MiNT] 1.17 startup & shutdown issues

Thanks for your patiences.

> >  - screen goes white & blinking cursor at home
>
> Does this cursor-home only happen with the new kernel or always?

you are a funny guy. :-)
Only in the new kernel is happening for me.
My old 1.16.3 was built like years ago, will just go directly to fuji logo after
blank screen.
May be it is so fast that I cannot see the blinking cursor, I do not know,
because 1.16.3 does not stop rebooting half way.

> Did you make progress with the null-modem?

No, because I realised another problem... a hardware one.
My mouse is a serial mouse.
Using ALT-ARROWS is a pain..... so....

> How did you start XaAES? Maybe some other app waits for a key?
> Xaloader would wait for a key in case of error for example, but this seems not
>the case here.

XaAES is called from MINT.CNF under line INIT =
C:/MINT/1-17-0/XAAES/XALOADER.PRG
In this case, it is not waiting for a key because hitting any key will not
continue.
Hitting CTRL-ALT-DEL will continue it.

Rgds
Wongck