Re: [MiNT] 1.17 startup & shutdown issues

> I have stopped using both of these. Boxkite because I almost never use
> the file selector anyway, and BubbleGEM because it causes a lot of
> memory violations.

Boxkite is a nice file selector that features will be missed.
BubbleGEM sometimes I do need help in the GUI ;-)
but it is no real loss if not using.

> What if you don't start Boxkite and BubbleGEM at all?

Actually the same if I do not run bubblegem and boxkite.
Reboot via teradesk, shutdown program and CTRL-ALT-DEL will hang the system
after it writes some SIGTERM messages on screen.
Only way for succesful reboot is to use Task Manager,
 - kill all apps,
 - manually kill the apps that did not die,
 - press REBOOT,
 - screen goes white & blinking cursor at home
 - system seems hang here but responsed to CTRL-ALT-DEL
 - instead of displaying boxkite as 1st line, it display now xaloader as 1st
line.
 - followed by some other lines whihc I forgot
 - followed by SYNCing of my C: & E:
 - followed by DONE
 - now system hardware restart with Fuji Logo.