Re: [MiNT] Compiling curl for fireTOS under Freemint with GCC

Hi,

> Sting/Stick doesn't offer any socket functionality - if someone would
> provide an socket layer for GLueStick, that would be cool >;) - because
> than you can compile curl with support for Sting ;) ( but that probably
> won't be very clean, I expect that sting uses shorts instead of types
> like long, long long, etc...). With sting there is no support for
> sockets, just connections. So you have to emulate the socket() call and
> keep track of the fake socket somehow, associate it with sting
> connection handles, etc. :)

A few years ago i wrote a little lib for TC which maps a socket API to
STiNG calls. I added also a write and read function. If someone uses
write or read functions for sockets, it was possible to use instead
my functions. But the calls must be renamed to my names. I did never
try to overwrite the write and read with a macro, which detects if
the handle was one of my sockets or a file and use the proper write
and read,

Because the functionallity of STiNG and Socket API was different, not
all functions could do really usefull things.

Regards
Michael