Re: [MiNT] AW: 1.17.0 shutdown problems

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:17 AM, m0n0 <ole@monochrom.net> wrote:

> Am Montag, den 18.07.2011, 17:38 +0200 schrieb jury <xal_atari@o2.pl>:
>
>>> You could also try to kill jinee before shutting down, or run an external
>>> shutdown that does not terminate any processes.
>>>
>>> Does Ctrl-Alt-Del work?
>>
>> Ctrl-Alt-Del gives same problem.
>> And which external shutdown does not terminate any processes? cos
>> that would be a nice option in this case :)
>
> I think you should first try exiting jinnee before shutdown, before adding
> exceptions or such to the shutdown process.

does it not auto restart (the AVSERVER) under XaAES ?

use of XaAES app_options (like KILL_WO_QUESTION) would not required
further coding or kernel hacks

> As you say, you are about to setup a new system... so we have to wait a
> bit....
>
> Pleas post the results of manually exiting jinnee.
>
> Greets,

there is a gem based shutdown on yescrew website, which does things a
bit different from shutdown v0.4 (which I think is used in easymint)

maybe a custom shutdown app for Jinnee on mint (both above sources are
available - somewhere, I have seen them)

How does Jinnee shutdown on MagiC (mac + pc too) ?

Paul