Re: [MiNT] Language/keyboard selection and problems

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:09 AM, skeezix <skeezix@skeleton.org> wrote:

>        For what its worth, a proper keyboard should also have
> page-up/down (and no Windows key!) .. but of course, I'm used to
> ctrl-v/altmeta-v for such things as well :)
>
>                jeff
if you have a working mouse driver with wheel support, wheel=pgup/pgdn
(maybe that is AES specific, with MyAES it is so)

the fix for the misc win/meta key "bug", physically lift the keys out
of the keyboard, as any well respecting PC user does, however the
rightclick keyboard key is kinda useful

ext2 partitions are not yet supported on FireBee (FireTOS). You may be
able to fudge something using a driver booted from auto folder, but
dont hold your breath

you may have got some partition corruption before you started using
MiNT (ie trying to get GEM to run, according to a couple of your
posts)

you may be able to fudge a GentooMiNT/SpareMiNT/EayMiNT setup as long
as you have long filename support on your chosen partition, then use
mint.cnf to remap the correct folders. eg:
 for gentoo use C:\g when mint.cnf ->  C:\g\bin C:\g\etc ..
 for spare/easy mint use C:\s when mint.cnf ->  C:\s\bin C:\s\etc ..

that might work, but dont quote me on that, as there may be some
fundamental requirements for posix binaries (file locking etc) (like
there is when using ARAnyM, cant use cat or anything that uses cat on
hostfs, like ./configure). it may be that binaries will work, but RPM
wont.. (there is rpmtool GEM app tho)

no keyboard.tbl a good default (english/us/uk)

not sure about gemlib, but you can find some libs on
http://freemint.org/

check the cvs libs folder for others (I think gemlib is there)
http://sparemint.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/lib/

hope that fills some gaps..

Paul