Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

On Tue, 2013-12-03 at 10:50 +0100, J. F. Lemaire wrote:

> But there are limitations to the use of USERDEFs (at least there used
> to be). Can we call wind_get(handle, WF_FTOOLBAR,...) in the USERDEF
> callback function to get the rectangle list? It used to be forbidden.

I don't know why you'd want to request the rectangle list from within
the userdef code, as this is one of the parameters passed to it by the
AES. But I agree that it's a severe limitation to not be able to call
the AES. On MagiC! you can, but I don't know about XaAES or MyAES.

> Anyway, back to the topic. I still think that a new option like:
> wind_set(handle, WF_OPTS, WO0_TOOLREDRAW, 0, 0, 0, 0);
> that would send redraw messages for any redrawing done within the
> toolbar might be useful. But this sure needs to be tested -- and
> implemented first, which is another matter completely.

I think this is a bad solution. I understand (atleast I think I do) what
you want to achieve: A full-window dialog with "toolbars" around a real
work-area. I agree that this is needed. But I don't think toolbars are
the way to go. They are far to limited for anything but simple
dialogs/toolbars. Wdialogs are more flexible, but at the price of a more
complex api.

Maybe a better solution would be to introduce a new object type,
G_WORKAREA. When the AES encounters this in a toolbar or wdialog, it
doesn't draw anything but instead sends normal window redraw-messages to
the owner of the window. This way there will still be a difference
between work area and toolbar.

Jo Even