Re: [MiNT] Window with toolbar and redraw messages

On 3 December 2013 11:05, Helmut Karlowski <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> J. F. Lemaire, 03.12.2013 10:50:07:

>> Anyway, back to the topic. I still think that a new option like:
>> wind_set(handle, WF_OPTS, WO0_TOOLREDRAW, 0, 0, 0, 0);
>> that would send redraw messages for any redrawing done within the
>> toolbar might be useful. But this sure needs to be tested -- and
>> implemented first, which is another matter completely.
>
> Make a sample-program. If there is anything that can't be done with the
> existing implementation maybe XaAES could be extended.

I think it could be done currently only if the userdef code is allowed
to call the AES and/or anything else it could need. So maybe, as Jo
Even suggests, correcting/improving the userdef implementation is the
safest way.

> Did you try to send
> WM_REDRAW to yourself, is that possible? If you receive any of the other
> WM_*msgs maybe you could decide if there is a redraw.

That won't work. I would need to know when the work area within the
toolbar needs to be redrawn. First, I can know this only in some
cases, and in those cases I can do the redrawing without waiting for
an AES message; and second, sending myself a WM_REDRAW message won't
work because the AES will never send it back to me, since it's
responsible for redrawing the toolbar.

I should be able to provide a sample app in the coming days.

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire