Re: [MiNT] W for MacMiNT

>Oddie Jonathan wrote:
>>
>> Eero (and any other interested people),
>> I now have W server and clients working almost perfectly under MacMiNT.
>> I ended up writing two .xdd's: one for the mouse and one for the keyboard
>> (I can't use the built-in keyboard device for various complicated reasons...)
>> I just got the keyboard to work about half an hour ago, I'd accidentally typed
>> `&' in a bitmask instead of '|' stupid me...:) I'll send you the sources
>> after I've cleaned them up a bit.
>> Actually, I still need to fix arrow-key mapping for the keyboard but I think
>> that's about it. What are the character codes that W expects for the arrow keys?
>
>This is GREAT news!  Where will the sources and binaries be uploaded to?   You

thanks ;-) Nice to see I've made somebody else happy too....
I sent Eero the bits I've changed, but I think he's a bit busy with other things
at the moment.
You can get my changes from http://bvsd.k12.co.us/~oddie/prog/macw.tar.z.
All files go inside server directory except for `MacMiNT' which is a config
file and `README' with which you may do as you like :)
You'll then also need the complete W1R4 source tree and a normal MacMiNT
setup with the developer tools installed. Also you need MiNTNet with at
least the loopback interface installed, and an /etc/passwd file with at least
an entry for `root'.
(The developer tools included with MacMiNT _don't_ work on Apple's most recent headers.
I'll upload my new header-processing scripts soon, maybe tomorrow.)

If your version of make doesn't understand `+=' operator, you need to a little
bit of hand-editing of the server/graph makefile.

Change to the /mint/wws directory, copy configs/MacMiNT to .config, and type
`make all'. When it finishs building (hopefully), cd to the server directory
and type `kill  1;rm /tmp/wserver;wserver >& log' If your menubar disappears
and a hatch pattern appears on the screen, it worked. (Praying helps.)
Oh, you must have your monitor in black and white mode before running it.

Hope I didn't forget anything...good luck...

>should contact some of the Mac news groups to let them know of this.  The more
>Mac '040 users wishing to develop MacMint -W and applications for it and W in
>general, the better.

OK, but I'd like to wait until I'm sure it runs on machines other than my own.

ttfn
Jonathan