Re: [MiNT] problems with GLIBC

Petr Stehlik wrote:

> On St, 2002-10-23 at 13:58, Josephus wrote:
> >
> > HI,
> >    I originally made Frank crazy by
> > complaining about the linker.  But I have
> > what I think was a late version
> >    MINTLIBC.  I can see the names but the
> > text is bad.  OK.  I have Franks fine
> > GCC cross compiler,
>
> >    I need a working libc so I can link
> > something.  My Linux is SLACKWARE 7.0
>
> Why are you trying to compile MiNTlib on a slackware? If you're an
> atari/FreeMiNT user then don't bother with cross compilers and run the
> native Atari/MiNT tools, for example on http://aranym.atari.org/
>
> Petr
You misunderstood.  The MINTLIBC that I have is bad.    NM can see the modules
but the text is bad.
The Linux stuff works just fine.  It is the cross compiler gcc68k that has the
problem on Linux.
The LD command either says -lgcc not found , or the library is in wrong format.

   for the longest time I thought IT was the linker.   the Tools with the
compiler seem to work
but I dont have any way to link anything for one reason or another.

   josesphus