Re: [MiNT] some gem question

Selon Miro Kropacek <mikro@hysteria.sk>:

> >Really I not understand what you wan't to do if it's to create your hown
> custom
> >window, with your own widget, the only way is to create a window with no
> KIND,
> >and redraw all as you wan't as EBModel do for example, in my point of view
> it's
> >not a good way, because it's slower than standard one, and have not the same
> >look as other. If you wan't replace only one widget for example sizer this
> >impossible because you can't have message. If you wan't change on top or
> left
> >part, it's possible but you are not sure it will work in all AES because
> it's
> >possible that some widget are not alway's in the same part (perhaps one day
> an
> >AES will wan't to put MOVER on left why not?!)
> >

> nono, we don't understand each other. Main goal isn't to make COMPLETELY
> new window-look, I just wanted to do two things:
>
> 1. replace SIZER by custom icon
> 2. resize window by this icon
>
> All other parts like MOVER, CLOSER etc will remain here.

This is simply impossible to do what you want! So not try to do this, because
AES will never send you message for button click in the sizer part and never
send you message for redraw this part, and you never be able avaible rect to
redraw for this part.
So no it's impossible.

> Anyway, I fixed my problem - the main thing was I used all that
> wind_get/set with closed window so I always got zeros as coordinates...
> When I think now about it, it's quite logical ;-) It's as simple as
> wind_get / add +160 to height / wind_set... as WF_WORKXYWH ofcourse.
>
> >Do one for MyAeS ;-) this is possible for far, it's even possible to add new
> >widgets whithout the AES know it.
> >

> as soon as MyAES will run under memory protection ;-)
But it work in memory protection! Not for a long time nor with a lot of software
but it work, and if I have a good computer with memory protection it will be fix
for a long time, but I have only an STF and Aranym.

Olivier