Re: [MiNT] some gem question

lør, 15,.10.2005 kl. 16.28 +0200, skrev Miro Kropacek:

> This isn't my goal, to make aes-ignoring application but imagine you
> want to do completely skinable dialog... so you will have nice sliders,
> windows and... stupid system slider where you can change max. the
> background colour (IIRC). What to do then?

 You have two choises; Use the AES's services as far as you can,
assuring it will be a good app in the future too. Or you can ignore this
inventing your own stuff and miss future features automatically gained
by clean apps, like themes.

 What app are you working on that really, really needs skins? And is it
complete to a point where you think you can prioritize this? If you
cannot wait, please make two versions, one that is a GEM app and one
that is a Kropacek app ;-)

 Do you use form_keybd()/form_button in your form handler? Of so, great,
if not please do so users can benefit from what the OS provides.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke