Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

On 06/12/2010 08:34 AM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

> But it did not change a bit since then. It might be related to your
> taskbar-problem: The Ctrl-Q-issue mostly appears when the system is busy
> (extensive HD-access etc.).

It's not related to the load here. And I'm quite sure that you've
changed plenty of bits since September ;-) It doesn't have to be
directly related to keyboard handling.

>> There seems to be a pattern. When Taskbar becomes unresponsive, XaAES'
>> Ctrl+Alt-hotkeys stops working. So it seems to be related to the
>
> Same here when system is too busy.

But when I kill Taskbar, the hotkeys still doesn't work. I have to
reboot to get them working again. top says that idle has 99% cpu.

>> keyboard handling. I don't know if the hotkeys stop working because of a
>> problem with Taskbar, or if Taskbar stops working because of a problem
>> with XaAES.
>>
>> According to top Taskbar eats all available CPU when this happens, but
>> general performance seems to not be affected. It looks like Taskbar is
>> busywaiting for something. I really must dig into this tomorrow night.
>
> This seems to be the source of all this. Do the keyboard-problems happen
> also without taskbar?

The missed Ctrl+Q - yes. I've also noticed the same problem with Ctrl+S.

About the XaAES-hotkeys not working I've only seen this when Taskbar
becomes unresponsive.

>> ith Aranym/hostfs or with clipbrd on ramfs? I have been using qed every
>> time I've switched on my Milan since I got it, and I have never seen
>> this problem until tonight. If I switch back to XaAES from September
>> last year, the problem is gone.
>
> It was u:\ram\clipbrd\. I forgot to mention this. It seems that
> everything other than C:\clipbrd\ does not work for qed.

It has worked fine for me up until the latest MiNT/XaAES-build. I've had
clipbrd pointing to u:/ram/clipbrd since 2007.

Jo Even