Re: [MiNT] Keyboard-problem with XaAES helmut-branch

Am 12.06.2010, 12:10 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

It's not related to the load here. And I'm quite sure that you've
changed plenty of bits since September ;-) It doesn't have to be
directly related to keyboard handling.

The symptoms are pretty clear: I had this always.

Sure I've changed things. But the keyboard-kludge is really old.

Do you use an old kernel or the current one? Try also with another kernel. And try to run xaaes from mint.cnf.

Have the xaaes-threads the same pgrp as init?

Same here when system is too busy.

But when I kill Taskbar, the hotkeys still doesn't work. I have to
reboot to get them working again. top says that idle has 99% cpu.

I've never seen this. Does it affect all Ctrl-Alts or only Ctrl-Alt-Q/S?

About the XaAES-hotkeys not working I've only seen this when Taskbar
becomes unresponsive.

Try to open the taskmanager from the main-menu and see if Ctrl-Alt works again.

It has worked fine for me up until the latest MiNT/XaAES-build. I've had
clipbrd pointing to u:/ram/clipbrd since 2007.

I'm pretty sure that it's kernel or qed. In the MiNT-debug I get:

pid  72 (qed): Dopendir(U:\ram\clipbrd\): error -33
pid  72 (qed): Fxattr(U:\ram\clipbrd\): path2cookie returned -33

Leave away the last \:

clipbrd=u:\ram\clipbrd

--
Helmut Karlowski