Re: [MiNT] on Mega ST

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Michael Bernstein <mint@mbernstein.de> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
>> ok I think i understand what went wrong there (no cpu) I will check,
>> this should get you an install:
>> > ./mintupgr.sh helmut-10082011.tar.bz2 mste000 --drivers --extras
>
> Yes, this works much better :-)
>
>> I am guessing that the problems you have with MegaST running mint
>> maybe the same for (4Mb) ST & STE, maybe..
>
> I think, you are right. Before i started with the Mega STE i expect to
> get the same issues (nethwork dummy driver will hang the system, ext2
> driver will crash the system after start and XaAES need the mouse
> driver). And i gt all of them. But this speeds up my tests with the
> Mega STE. Only scc.xdd was a new issue. I think, the problems are CPU
> related and both machines have he same type of CPU.
>
>> BTW, what "moose" driver did XaAES startup with..
>
> For the first test i copied both drivers in the XaAES directory because
> i did not know, what is the difference between both drivers. The boot
> messages are to fast to read, wich driver was used. Is there a way to
> query this at runtime? Now i know, the driver with "_w" was the wheel
> driver with mouse wheel support.
>
> I tested both drivers and XaAES wil work with both drivers.
>
> Best regards
> Michael

Helmut might be able to tell you how to find out which mouse driver is
loaded, bu the important thing is that they both work (on Mega & MSTE
?).

If you have both drivers present, XaAES will try load mouse wheel
first. It is a good thing that MW driver also works when you dont have
a MW :) (like ARAnyM frame buffer console)

I suspect that the dummy.xif maybe 020-040 compiled too (guessing)

did you try 68017 with SCC.XDD on MegaSTE? Since we have the source
for it, it might be worth while for some 68000 setups (MyAES should
wok in TOS too)

Do you have any way to get networking up and running on either Mega's
.. (you might be able to use null modem to RS-232 Lan device, like
they do with some printers, if you have a hub/switch)

BTW I am surprised no one else has mentioned the "-"/"_" issue before,
as there are a couple of TT MiNT users..

Paul