Re: [MiNT] Fugly gradient (Was: Re: hairlines)

I'm sorry, but while I perhaps wouldn't phrase myself like Kåre, I am indeed worried about the "my way or the highway" mentality here.

Maybe my list of releases isn't hugely impressive, but I do consider myself to be part of the small pond of "active developers" on the platform. I don't have a God complex in this matter; I don't consider myself a good coder, but rather a learning one. I do however think that the users, and the very small pond of "active" developers, deserves more respect. Messing with the kernel and the AES means messing with someones everyday hobby. In theory I have a lot more to give to this platform, but right now I can't motivate myself because I'm worried about the state of the OS. Convince me that it'll be awesome and won't contain too many any funny hacks, and I'm all in. Again. (oh, and please, don't include themes that looks like the one Kåre commented, because it looks like vomit. And it's not the grey stuff I worry about, it's the poop brown combined with a pink->grey gradient. It's a clear case of a phenomenon known as "coder colors"...)

Side note: There are a lot more users of this OS than some on this list may think; I've met many of them at the Atari parties I'm co-organizing (as chairman of the Swedish Atari Users association, SAK), and the international Atari parties I'm visiting (Sommarhack, Outline, and in the near future: Silly Venture).

-- PeP