Re: [MiNT] SV: SV: Bug: xa_boot.log has unix line-endings

Hi,

On perjantai 23 marraskuu 2012, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > From: Eero Tamminen [oak@helsinkinet.fi]
> > On perjantai 23 marraskuu 2012, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > Regarless of line endings, TOS file viewer isn't a usable text viewer.
>
> The strange thing is that I have used this file viewer countless times
> with success. Even though it's userfriendliness is almost non-existent,
> it has one huge advantage: It's always available, and without any
> additional software or settings you can very quickly display a file. I
> find myself using it quite often when using TOS.

Ok, I do that also sometimes if the file is very small. :-)

(But missing LF support typically makes it useless even for that
as I have lots of programs that output only LF line endings.)

> > In light of above list, do you think your TOS text viewer usage
> > to be practical?
>
> Compared to having to download a separate viewer/editor from the internet
> on a Windows computer and transfering it to the Falcon just to take a
> quick look at a log? Yes, absolutely!

For example QED works just fine in TOS, at least the old 2002
version I just tested.  Don't you have any text viewers or
editors on your Falcon?

> Again, are there *any* good reasons for keeping this log in unix-format?

What your patch for that looks like?

As to UNIXMODE mentioned by Vincent, I thought it affects only
CR/LF on input, not on output:
http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-
bin/cvsweb/~checkout~freemint/doc/unixmode.txt?rev=1.1.8.1&content-
type=text/plain

How much out of date that doc is?

	- Eero