Re: [MiNT] AHCC publishing libs / How to compile libs

Am Freitag, den 19.04.2013, 02:34 +0200 schrieb Miro Kropáček <miro.kropacek@gmail.com>:

count...Why not take a look in a debugger? You can do a simple hellow
world (appl_init(), perhaps 2-3 more AES functions) and look it up in
the debugger how / what params / functions are called.

- Of course I tried the debugger :) AFAIK the only debugging symbols I get with AHCC are only function names,
   At least that's what I see.
Maybe I had setup something wrong? Source Level debugging (stepping through C code, looking at variables) was not possible with the executables that I've compiled. It was always at assembly level. Did somebody get more
   with executables created by AHCC?

- It's a bit unusual to debug AES parameters, because they are not pushed onto the stack, but they are passed in via the AESPB... of course it's possible to debug all that, but I'm not that familiar with ASM and all in all, it's an serious job. :) Btw. the bus errors happen inside the AES trap.

...but I guess I will look once more ;) Btw. there is one ASM level file in the GEMLIB. I took the Lattice C version:

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/lib/gemlib/_lc_asm.s?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

and converted it to be Coldfire compatible. But right now I see, there is also an special PureC version:

http://sparemint.atariforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/lib/gemlib/_pc_asm.s?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

I will try with that version, it takes the AESPB via register, not stack :) sounds good.

Greets,
Ole