Re: [MiNT] FreeMiNT documentation

Petr Stehlik <joy@sophics.cz> writes:

> V Út, 27. 07. 2004 v 13:32, Andreas Schwab píše:
>> > HTML is far superior to any other format offered above. Everybody can
>> > read HTML. Hell it's readable even without any HTML browser - using just
>> > the plaintext TOS desktop viewer :)
>>
>> Actually info is much more plain text than any HTML format.
>
> really?

Sure, ever looked at one?

> I was always told to read the info pages using the 'info' command. And
> IMHO the 'info' navigation plain sucks.

It's much better than most web browsers.  Especially it has superior
searching and indexing capabilities.

> HTML is far more accessible and generally more intuitive and less scary
> for users than the other options.

Both HTML and info are not something you should write your documents in.
Use high level languages like texinfo.

Andreas.

SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany