Re: [MiNT] Compiling curl for fireTOS under Freemint with GCC

On Sat, 16 Apr 2011, m0n0 wrote:

# On 14.04.2011 23:23, Miro Kropáček wrote:
# > Good luck and keep us posted how it goes :)
# I believe my idea is not going to work,... because there are some OS calls
# which are not socket specific but can take an socket as parameter, like:
# ioctl(), close(), select()
#
# If I could distinguish between lwip sockets and OS file descriptiors, I could
# decide which lower level function to call,... ( not to mention the doubly
# defined references problem) - but I don't have an idea how to check if the
# passed descriptor is an lwip socket, or if it is an file handle etc. ... looks
# like I have to fork an firebee curl ? hm....

	I don't know about sockets on TOS/etc, but in unix and linux, a
socket returns a file descriptor, just like a FILE* has; a socket is not
really different per se.

	Are you sure theres a problem?

	ie: close() works on a socket or a open return (in unix/linux)

		jeff

--
If everyone would put barbecue sauce on their food, there would be no war.