Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

On Thu, 2012-09-27 at 22:47 +0200, Zorro wrote:

> If a positive thing is possible with GCC but technically not with PureC,
> What should we be doing? Nothing?

I was just disagreeing with your "not a huge problem"-statement.

Sure, you can use gcc and MiNTlib on the real thing. If the "real thing"
is something substantially faster than a stock Falcon or TT. Using gcc -
even on my FireBee - is possible, in the same way that it's possible to
mow your lawn with a pair of scissors.

But it's not possible to develop applications with gcc 4 on a Falcon or
TT, and in real life not on my AB040 either. Or on any computer running
TOS or MagiC. Or if you like precise and legible error statements. It's
a shame to restrict the usage of Zorro's excellent codecs to developers
with a CT60, Firebee or a crosscompiler.

Yup, I don't like gcc ;)

Jo Even