Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

Le 27/09/12 21:19, OL a écrit :
Yes, it's true but the advantages are so important that I don't see the PureC incompatibility as a huge problem.

Nowdays I not see this is a real problem, new computer have so many memory now, even on real hardware (most use now CT60 and now some coldfire), if Mintlib was design to reduce its memory print I think the solution should be better, generally only a small part of libc is use by an application, the PureC version make far more light application to do near the same.

This is not only a problem of "weight". There are various others arguments.

For example, actually you cannot use MiNTlib functions inside a LDG... If we have the callbacks to client's mintlib, the problem doesn't exist anymore.

The best way would be to keep the old LDG for the compatibility and to make a LDG version 2 for the modernity/stability/easy-to-use.

I not see what problem of stabilty or easy to use, it's just like an application

See above.

--
Zorro