Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

I have compiled GCC on ARAnyM. it was a long process, as it need to be
don 2x to get full benefit of new version

If you dont have easy access to PC from GEM machine, then you have
Pure C, AHCC, a few others, and 2.9.5 for your GEM machine.

If you dont write posix compliant apps, the you dont _need_ gcc. But I
also notice some who use Pure C not use AHCC.

I prefer code that can compile in GD, Pure C/AHCC, and others
(Lattice) etc. It makes sense for open source software, everyone has
different dev environment. Better to be flexible. Want smal binaries,
use Pure C/AHCC. Want 10k HP compile in 2 sec, use Cross tools..

Anyway, there are more than enough brains floating around here to
solve any issue, and we have access to source of 99% of item that need
to be updated. There may come a time when AHCC supercedes Pure C,
simply because it supports more modern solutions, problems, or tech

I believe it only a matter of time that reverse engineer MiNTlib
problem back to Pure C/AHCC, after GCC is working 100%. There will be
a working solution..

As for AHCC not support SW FP, it there is demand, Henk will schedule
adding it, or accept patch from someone who willing to add SW FP
support to AHCC themselves..

Positive feedback (ie solutions) rather than negative feedback (ie No
I dont like that) is going to get things fixed faster. You dont have
to agree with what other people do, but if you cater for there needs,
as well as your own, then it is "win win situation"...

Paul