Re: [MiNT] m68000 version of Zorro's LDG codec

Le 27/09/12 21:28, OL a écrit :

You can send memory allocated by malloc() to the codec without problem

Yesterday evening, I looked at the code of the LDG library.

Olivier and MiRKO, you are right and I was wrong.
You can send a memory pointer allocated with malloc() to the called LDG because from the OS view, the LDG and the client are the same process.

I made the mistake of believing that the processes were differents.

So Mirko, you were right to remove men.ldg from the zview code!

Another problem: Can you use the MiNTlib functions inside a LDG?

In the case of a shareable LDG, The MiNtlib functions cannot be used.

http://tinyurl.com/cq6qycz
http://tinyurl.com/bu9hgf3

It's a pity because if a shared library is not... shareable, there is just no interest.

Now, there are 4 solutions to make a shareable LDG:

- Do not use the MiNTlib functions inside the LDG.
- The Mirko idea: provides callbacks to client's MiNTlib.
- Rework the MiNTlib( the hard way).
- Code the real shared libraries support directly in the Kernel( the very hard way).

MirKo, Olivier, do you agree?

In the case of a non-shareable LDG:

I can't remember why but in the past, I met strange behavior and instabilities when I used MiNTLib functions.

After reading an old discussion( for the french speaking people: http://tinyurl.com/d9v4dyu ) , it seem that Olivier, Arnaud and me agreed: it's better to avoid using the MiNTlib functions inside a LDG.

But it was 8 years ago. Maybe now, is it safe to use the MiNTLib inside a non-shareable LDG?

--
Zorro