Re: [MiNT] wind_set(WF_TOPMOST)

tor, 13,.04.2006 kl. 23.19 +0200, skrev olivier.landemarre@utbm.fr:

> > > ex anyplayer play a list of music, it change of title, it could for 3
> > second the
> > > title of the song, some software write time in hard in menu, probably it
> > could
> > > be better to be above menu bar, bubble could be display, a lot of softawre
> > open
> > > a window in top, to inform of the load of the software (not in our world!)
> > > etc... Most of time for a short time.
> >
> >  This is perfectly possible with normal windows, unless I miss the
> > point. Which is very possible because I dont think I fully understand
> > what you mean here :)
>
> Probably not because an application doing this will give keyboard focus and not
> need it.

 Well, that is a truth with modifications. Most GUIs provide keyboard
navigation. What you really want to do is to keep one window ontop while
giving keyboard focus to another one? If so, this should not be
controlled by the apps themselves, but by the user. For example, point-
to-type. Giving keyboard focus to the window underneath the mouse. The
user should be able to select via a window-context widget that 'this
window should 'float' or this should be bottom at all times, etc? That
is a much better solution I think, as it provides no extra programming
for application authors, it is completely maintained by the AES which
again gives the user full control over the functions. How about that?

 I viewed the picture you linked to in another post, and while I agree
that this behaviour is great for that one application, it should not be
able for 'any' app to do that. At least not without the user controlling
it. zTask is in the category 'AES system' applications imo.

 Best Regards,
Odd Skancke