Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

Btw, what others think? Is it better to provide kernel for each
machine/cpu combination than having some basic configurations ?

While not a freemint developer myself, I thought I'd still share my 2 cents on this.

I don't know what would be most optimal for the dev work, but I must say I can't see why it would be a bad thing to have dedicated kernels.
Personally I always liked having optimised kernels for my CPU, so binaries can be as slender and efficient as possible.

And in the case with the 020-build...
From where I stand, it is more confusing for me as 060 user to be directed to a 040 build, than I figure it would be for a 020 user to look for a 020 dito....
As long as there exist a build for the CPU in use, it is only natural to use it.

This would IMO not add any complexity at all, quite the opposite!

That said, the idea of a generic mint /AUTO loader that can detect current specs and launch the corresponding 680x0 kernel sounds great.
If there is anyone up for the task that is. Meanwhile, back to focusing on the upcoming beta ;)

Ok, now I'll crawl back under my rock again..

Regards,

/Joakim