Re: [MiNT] symlinks and hostfs

Alan Hourihane píše v So 29. 08. 2009 v 17:05 +0100:
> > If we re-read this whole thread we find out that at the very beginning
> > Vincent said that because "Fstat64() does not seem to be implemented in
> > hostfs, we fall back in Fxattr()" and then questioned the "unused flag".
> > Alan quickly jumped in and reported that "this is a bug in aranym. It
> > uses it's own host_stat64()". This is where this thread got sort of
> > interconnected with the parallel thread "stat() and blocks" because in
> > that thread Alan said the same thing about HostFS :-)
>
> Excuse me, but what exactly did I say on the "stat() and blocks"
> thread ??

"It appears that hostfs doesn't implement fstat64".

Seems like I confuse anything that ends with "64".

> Getting back to my patch, it uses lstat() exclusively in all cases.
> Using stat() will end up stat'ing the wrong file when symlinks are being
> checked. This looks like a bug in ARAnyM to me

I have tried to explain that it supposed to be a feature, not a bug. Did
you read my explanation? Did it make sense?

> I've posted a patch to help demonstrate the problem with ARAnyM,
> which cures the problem for me

I didn't know you had a symlink problem as well. Can you please show me
where the symlink pointed to? Was it outside of the mapped paths? And
could you read the contents of the symlinked file before and after the
hostfs.cpp patch? And last thing: could you please re-try that without
ARAnyM patch with stock AFROS 8.12? It helped Vincent so I am wondering
if it helped you, too.

Thanks a lot.

Petr