Re: [MiNT] Greek keyboard table

Hi,
Well, I haven't stepped back from the idea of using dead keys. Atm as it stands, accented characters are placed in the alt+ part of the table and accented capital letters at the alt+shift part. Since every word in greek has an accented character you can see that this delays typing a bit. Anyway, it will be nice to have the dead key function.

The problem lies with the fonts. As things are, the greek letters are sitting at the upper half of the 8-bit ascii table. Therefore using the ttf fonts found in the net will be problematic since they will follow one of the current encoding standards, iso8859-7 or windows 1253 or unicode or whatever. This will result in getting unreadable characters. What is needed is a conversion program. I have found a couple such as:

grconv: http://dmst.aueb.gr/dds/sw/greek/grconv/

and

trans120: http://www.kostis.net/freeware/index-en.htm

but I had no luck in compiling any of them on my ct63 falcon, either with gcc 2.95.3 or 4.4.1. I got an ICE: fatal error 4. I'll probably write my own in GFA.. if I manage to understand what I am supposed to :P (I am a  bad coder...).

Thanks for your help.