Re: [MiNT] Problem with icons under MiNT 1.18

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 22:22 +0100, Piotrek wrote:

> My second test with ctpci and Radeon what is important I run Mint first
> with xaaes_te.cnf I start with thing and memory protection off and what
> is is important it is works perfectly and icons looks good. When I run
> xaaes with xaaesati.cnf it looked bad like previously yesterdey and
> before day. What do you think check both files xaaes_te.cnf and
> xaaesati.cnf.What do you think ? What could be the cause that a file
> xaaesati.cnf with taskbar and a lot of other files loaded during the
> start system is bad.

Besides disabling those programs you have made quite a few other changes
to the config-files as well. I suggest re-enabling this stuff one by one
until the problem occurs again.

Also, as others have suggested - try to avoid Boxkite. It's a very good
fileselector, but unfortunately XaAES doesn't like it very much. I've
also had a lot of problems with BubbleGEM in the past so I am happy that
I no longer need to run it.

And don't run Taskbar from xaaes.cnf, it should really be started by the
desktop.

> > Could you provide a screenshot of the task-manager showing all
> > processes  that are running on your Hades or Falcon when this problem

I would still like to see a list of all running processes (and a list of
what you have in your auto-folder) when this problem occurs.

Jo Even