Re: [MiNT] xaaes.txt

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:39 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 08.08.2010, 23:51 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:
>
>> I'm not very comfortable with this. It means that the XaAES docs can't
>
> It's surely not perfect.
>
>> be accessed and edited the same way as the rest of the docs. Also, I
>> couldn't find anything in your doc on how to contribute to it.
>
> Same as you would contribute kernel-patches.
>
> "If you find errors in or want to contribute to this document feel free to
> contact me or even better join the mintlist."
>

>> IMO the way ahead should look something like this:
>>
>> 1. Someone (not me! I don't have the necessary knowledge or even
>> interest to aquire it) must create a tool (script or whatever) to
>
> Unfortunately I'm interested in everything, I hope I won't start this!

I can look into, data conversion is one of my forte's, but I do have
time restraints atm, although this would fit in with my XML<-->RSC
work

a set of tools lto cater for this will be useful for other docs as well

>> convert MediaWiki-exports to UDO source or some other convenient format.
>> 2. Move all docs into the wiki.
>> 3. Export the everything in the FreeMiNT-section of the wiki to the CVS
>> at regular intervals.
>
> This would be a good way.
>
> As long as there are some users out there that would add some valuable stuff
> to the wiki.

Wiki is a central point for viewing docs, it does not have to be the
central point for maintaining docs.

As long as the related docs are easily linkable or can easily
integrate into the wiki.

BUT (there is always a but) the wiki should contain direct articles
that are either overview or on a specific topic that can be found in
the docs

The later helps when documentation moves or links change, certain
(pertinent) user information is always available (even if the complete
docs are not)

BTW just because wiki is has a book type structure, does not meant
that reference information must only be "on one page"

catering for the following is just one example:
""
.. at least at first glance, there's no mention on the sparemint wiki
site of where the latest kernel and xaaes can be obtained.
""

Cheers

Paul