Re: [MiNT] Language/keyboard selection and problems

On Thu, 2011-07-28 at 11:53 +0200, Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> > However, when I try to copy files to my ext2 partition using Thing, the
> > Firebee crashes big-time.
>
> It's rock solid for me. No trouble.
>
> > I created this partition with Gparted on Linux, maybe I should try to
> > initialize it with mke2fs instead?
>
> My 4 GB CompactFlash card is formatted with a classic PC partition table,
> and the following partitions :
>
> - Primary partition 1: 509 MB, FAT16. Gets often corrupted when written
> without FreeMiNT (with buggy FireTOS and EmuTOS drivers).
>
> - Primary partition 2: 3.5 GB, ext2. Accessed only from FreeMiNT, works
> perfectly. Formatted on Linux with mke2fs with default options.

Tried again. Two primary partitions, one 500Mb FAT16, one 3.5Gb ext2
created with linux mke2fs.

1. MiNT e2fsck doesn't like this partition and complain about a bad
superblock.
2. Write "large" (more than a couple of Mb) crashes my Firebee.
3. MiNT mke2fs doesn't want to init a partition on the Firebee. Maybe a
XHDI issue.

Jo Even